If you are wondering whether or not you’re pregnant, your mind is probably racing with questions. It’s common to feel confused, scared or overwhelmed.
We’re here to help you through your situation and provide the information you need to empower you to make the choice you face.
It is important to know certain things before making an abortion decision. Look at the list below to see if you have gone through the necessary steps to seek out an abortion. At the PRC, we want to be your first step, that’s why most of the things on this list are offered here, for free.
- Have you had an ultrasound confirm how far along in your pregnancy is and to determine which abortion procedure you will need? (Can be done at the PRC.)
- Has your pregnancy been confirmed by a licensed physician? (Can be done at the PRC.)
- Have you been tested for an STI?
- Do you know the additional risks of the abortion procedure if you have an STI?
- Do you understand which abortion procedure will be performed on you? (You can receive abortion education at the PRC.)
- Have you asked the clinic what happens in case something goes wrong during the procedure?
- Have you asked the clinic if the doctor has hospital privileges in case of complications that would require you to go to the hospital?
- Are you aware of the possible emotional side-effects of abortion? (You can receive abortion education at the PRC.)
- Do you know that it is okay for you to change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time before the procedure, even if you are on the exam table?
- Are you being forced by anyone to have an abortion? If so, know that it is illegal for anyone to force you to have an abortion. This is something that you must choose for yourself. (If you aren’t sure, you can receive Options Counseling at the PRC.)
Below are educational videos on the different types of abortion by trimester. These videos are not graphic. In them, a doctor will give you the health information and possible risks of different abortion procedures.
The PRC does not perform, refer, or recommend abortions. However, we do want you do be educated before making an abortion decision.
We can assist you in knowing more about the adoption process, how to contact an adoption agency, and what your legal rights are in making an adoption plan.
The Pregnancy Resource Center of Stanly County is not an adoption agency, but we can give you several references for adoption agencies within the state of North Carolina.
Choosing to continue your pregnancy and to parent can be challenging but with the support of caring people, parenting classes, and other resources, many women find the help they need to make this choice.
The Pregnancy Resource Center of Stanly County offers free services designed to assist you in your parenting decision, such as:
- Clothing & furnishings for mother and baby
- Referrals for existing community services
- Referrals for alternative housing
- Ongoing counseling and friendship
- Information and support for men in relation to pregnancy issues
- Help in managing family relationships during pregnancy
Make an appointment to find out more.
731 W. Main Street
Albemarle, NC 28001
Monday - Thursday: